Similar to Kamil, I have accepted the challenge to get myself reading again. I haven’t finished a book in awhile. I am in the middle of a book, The Art of Racing in the Rain, I started months ago so I will finish this one first. I have a total of 6 books so far and a list I am choosing my others from. I will post the rest soon. I am choosing a wide range of genres and styles to keep it interesting.
- On the Road, by Jack Kerouac. This is an original, taped together copy!
- Dubliners, by James Joyce. It was on the bookshelf and he has quite the reputation so why not.
- Kitchen Confidential, by Anthony Bourdain. I enjoy watching him eat and drink his way across the world and I’ve heard this is very entertaining.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein. I think a little over half way through.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini. Same author as Kite Runner, which made me ball my eyes out.
- When you are Engulfed in Flames, by David Sedaris. Really a collection of short stories. He’s such a good storyteller.