Hello! My name is Alison and I live in Central Pennsylvania with my husband, dog and six chickens. I like to read, and these group challenges help me stay enthusiastic and learn about books and authors I may otherwise have never heard of, so thanks for participating! I hope you enjoy. Please invite your friends along!
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott (from book swap!)
- The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi (heard about this one during ModPo)
- All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews (I have read a number of her books and really enjoy her writing)
- Looking for Alaska by John Greene (also received this from Trish at book swap!)
- The Moviegoer by Walker Percy (not shown because I am still trying to find a copy somewhere local)
- A Trumpet around the Corner by Samuel Charters (Also not shown, still trying to find a copy locally)
- Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare (My genre drawing was romance, and I haven’t read Shakespeare in quite a long time so I figured why not! Also not shown because I have to get from the library yet)
4 comments on “Alison’s List”
Wow! Here’s to finding books locally instead of continuing to feed the immense maw of Amazon and B&N!
I know! I was just in New Orleans and should have picked up one that I saw at a used book store but I didn’t want to carry it- regretting it now!
Can’t wait to hear what you think about Looking for Alaska. It’s my second favorite John Greene book!
Writing my review now! 🙂